Breakfast casserole. Is there anything more satisfying or comforting than a delicious breakfast on a cold morning? I’ll answer for you: NO.
After experimenting with a recipe I found on Pinterest, I came up with this beauty.
Full of comforting goodies: hash browns, eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese (and even some veggies) this is a definite crowd pleaser. I am definitely bringing this to my next breakfast potluck or making it whenever I host people at my house.
This can be made the night before and baked in the morning, or made overnight in a crockpot – instructions here.
Bacon and Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Recipe adapted from here.
6-8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 lb ground sausage, cooked. I used Neese’s
1 onion, diced
1 clove minced garlic
1 red pepper, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 bag shredded hash browns
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
12 eggs (or 1 large carton egg whites)
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
1 tsp Cayenne pepper (leave out if you don’t like spice)
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1. Spray large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 375.
2. Combine vegetables and sautee until soft (about 5-7 minutes).
3. Layer: 1/2 hashbrowns, 1/2 veggies and 1/2 cheese and repeat.
4. In bowl, combine ranch mix, eggs and spices. Whisk well to combine. Pour over casserole.
5. Bake ~45 minutes or until center is set (thermometer should read 160).
Enjoy! Serves 8-10 and will keep and reheat well.
Question: What is your favorite breakfast recipe? Please share!